Andrew Gaffney is the founder and CEO of Demand Gen Report, a digital publication covering best practices and engagement strategy for lead generation. Founded seven years ago, Demand Gen Report has experienced continuous growth and ranked on the Inc 5000 last year. Since then, their revenues are up another 70% this year.
Andrew is a walking, talking example of developing content marketing strategies that work. Content marketing has played a pivotal role in his organizational growth. He shares how to figure out your buyer persona and how it affects content marketing strategy, what your marketing funnel should look like, and how to combine traditional outbound with content marketing to get much better results.
Listen to the end, and I share how to get a list of all the tools we use to run BrightIdeas. If you choose to purchase using our affiliate links, you will get a bonus!
Listen now and you’ll hear Andrew and I talk about:
- (02:30) Introduction
- (05:16) Please tell me about your company
- (10:30) How do you help clients understand their buyer persona?
- (12:50) What advice do you give clients on how to really understand their buyer persona?
- (15:55) Please tell me about the specific process you use to help clients understand their buyers
- (18:30) How to better look at marketing opportunities to align with your business goals?
- (19:50) How does a big piece of content fit in with the content strategy?
- (22:15) How does the length of the sales cycle affect the value of content marketing?
- (23:30) Please describe the various stages in a marketing funnel
- (25:30) How have you combined traditional outbound with inbound?
- (29:30) How has Linkedin played a part of your outbound?
- (31:30) How are you helping clients use data to validate their assumptions?
- (32:30) What is sales enablement?
More About This Episode
The Bright Ideas podcast is the podcast for business owners and marketers who want to discover how to use online marketing and sales automation tactics to massively grow their business.
It’s designed to help marketing agencies and small business owners discover which online marketing strategies are working most effectively today – all from the mouths of expert entrepreneurs who are already making it big.
About Andrew Gaffney
Andrew wears many hats at his growing company, Demand Gen Reports, and its many divisions. He works with many leading solution providers to develop programs that position their company as a thought leader in their respective industry.
Andrew’s company specializes in custom content creation such as white papers, E-books, infographics, webinars, videos & social media that positions their clients as a thought leader and generates leads and sales opportunities. They have several online publications with more than 60,000 loyal subscribers providing their clients with a platform to distribute their message and guaranteeing they get to the people they are trying to reach.
Their divisions include:
- Retail TouchPoints targeted to decision makers in the retail industry.
- Demand Gen Report targeted to B2B sales and marketing executives with over 28,000 readers. Get your complimentary subscription!
- Channel Marketer Report targeted to OEMs / manufactures their partner networks.
- Content4Demand for healthcare, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, industrial, IT/Telecom and consumer packaged goods companies.