Chris started Landscape Leadership, a marketing agency specifically for clients that work in “green” industries. This is a prime example of someone who looked for a need in the market and designed his company around it. If you are considering starting a business and haven’t chosen your niche yet, or you’re in business and aren’t focused on a specific niche, I highly recommend listening in on this episode.
In addition to his niche, Chris and I cover how he got started, how he’s blogging, and what he sells first so that his clients keep working with him.
Listen now and you’ll hear Chris and I talk about:
- (02:45) Introductions
- (04:45) How did you start your marketing agency?
- (07:45) How did working with your first client position you to get more?
- (09:30) What do you think focusing on just one niche is so important?
- (12:30) What are some of the benefits of focusing on a single niche?
- (14:30) What does your blogging routine look like?
- (18:25) What do you see as the biggest opportunity for your agency?
- (19:30) What does your initial sales conversation look like?
- (24:15) What service(s) do you try to sell first?
- (25:30) How do you on-board a new client?
- (28:25) What advice would you give to people just getting started?
More About This Episode
The Bright Ideas podcast is the podcast for business owners and marketers who want to discover how to use online marketing and sales automation tactics to massively grow their business.
It’s designed to help marketing agencies and small business owners discover which online marketing strategies are working most effectively today – all from the mouths of expert entrepreneurs who are already making it big.
About Chris Heiler
Chris Heiler is the founder and president of Landscape Leadership, an inbound marketing agency that combines website design/development, social media, content marketing, and search marketing into integrated and measurable campaigns for green industry clients ranging from landscape construction and maintenance companies to lawn care operators and garden centers.
Landscape Leadership has clients across the country with all team members working remotely. Heiler lives in Austin, TX.
- How to Create a Successful SEO and Inbound Marketing Strategy with Rand Fishkin
- How to Get More Retainer Clients With Mark Sneider
- How Content Marketing Has Changed and How You Can Take Advantage of This Shift