I am a firm believer in the importance of very clearly defining your buyer persona so that you can target your audience effectively with your marketing efforts.
However, the work Jon Pietz does with his clients delves far deeper into this area. He charges handsomely to help his clients fully understand their ideal customers, and for good reason. As a result of our conversation, I’m fully convinced that this is something that – emphasize it as much as I have – I have taken too lightly.
If you’re in the process of developing a buyer persona, suspect you should be, or would like to offer this service to your clients, this is a must-listen.
Listen now and you’ll hear Jon and I talk about:
- (03:20) Introduction
- (06:10) What are the three types of research that you do for clients?
- (09:00) Why doesn’t interviewing your own clients work as well as working with a consultant?
- (10:30) How do you get an interview started on the right foot?
- (12:50) How does this style of interview help your client?
- (17:20) How do you present the results of your work to a client?
- (19:50) Who hires you and what does this cost?
- (21:20) How do you make the date actionable?
More About This Episode
The Bright Ideas podcast is the podcast for business owners and marketers who want to discover how to use online marketing and sales automation tactics to massively grow their business.
It’s designed to help marketing agencies and small business owners discover which online marketing strategies are working most effectively today – all from the mouths of expert entrepreneurs who are already making it big.
About Jon Pietz
Jon Pietz, principal and creative director of Brand X Communications is here to make sure that doesn’t happen to you. Because SMB and B2B companies can’t afford to waste money on marketing that doesn’t attract their most profitable prospects.
After 20 years in the Advertising business, Jon formed Brand X to help B2B companies create memorable brands based on the needs and desires of their ideal customers. And he’s got a process designed specifically for his clients to unleash their brands and find their true believers.
To find out more about how to unleash your brand, visit brandxco.com.