There are a great deal of companies that focus primarily on SEO, and that’s a problem. The problem is, it’s easy to think Traffic leads to Revenue… and that ignores a big missing piece. It’s really Conversions lead to Revenue. That’s why Content Marketing is such an important piece of an overall marketing strategy.
Robb Bailey of PageLadder understood this and shifted his company’s emphasis on SEO to an Inbound approach and has seen massive success from it. As one of Hubspot’s prime case studies for effective Inbound Strategies, Robb and PageLadder have a great deal of insight for you and I highly recommend you take the time and listen if you are using – or thinking of using – a Content Marketing Strategy (hint: you probably should be).
Listen now and you’ll hear Robb and I talk about:
- (03:35) Introductions
- (06:00) Why the transition from SEO to an Inbound Marketing Agency?
- (08:35) What did the transition from SEO to Inbound look like?
- (10:00) How did this change impact fees?
- (16:35) How are you prospecting for new business?
- (23:35) How are you using builtwith.com to find prospects?
- (34:35) What is the Content Marketing Blueprint?
- (39:35) How does the Content Marketing Blueprint help to identify the gaps?
- (42:35) When do you ask clients to start to pay for your help?
- (49:35) Do you require a client to move from WordPress to Hubspot?
- (52:35) Why do you prefer Hubspot reporting instead of Google Analytics?
- (57:05) How do you drive traffic to new content in the first 90 days?
- Screencast of LinkedIn “Seek and Assist Strategy” From Robb
More About This Episode
The Bright Ideas podcast is the podcast for business owners and marketers who want to discover how to use online marketing and sales automation tactics to massively grow their business.
It’s designed to help marketing agencies and small business owners discover which online marketing strategies are working most effectively today – all from the mouths of expert entrepreneurs who are already making it big.
About Robb Bailey
Robb is the CEO & Co-Founder of PageLadder, an agency that helps emerging growth companies bridge the Inbound Marketing gap through Content Marketing Strategy. His work was featured in a case study at HubSpot’s Inbound Conference 2013 by Innovative Marketing Resources. PageLadder has been recognized as a Certified Partner Agency by HubSpot. Learn more at RobbBailey and PageLadder.