Are you part of a small agency team with a burning desire to create a larger agency?
Do you wonder about the best strategy to grow your firm?
Would you like to hear from a veteran who’s owned agencies as well as consulted for over 700 others?
In this episode of the Bright Ideas podcast, I’m joined by industry veteran Tony Mikes, founder of Second Wind, a firm dedicated to helping your company be a better agency.
In today’s thoughtful discussion, you are going to hear Tony and I talk about:
- His 3 Step plan for growth
- A process for how to make your agency more interesting (so you’ll get more business)
- The importance of systems and how to know which ones to focus on
- How to develop a Management by Objective (MBO) plan to guide your agency in the future
- The biggest challenge faced by small agencies and how to address it
- The top 2 services that agencies should be offering to their clients on retainer
- A blogging strategy that will virtually guarantee your prospects see you in a favorable light
- The top 3 trends Tony sees for agencies in 2013
- And so much more…
More About This Episode
The Bright Ideas podcast is the podcast for business owners and marketers who want to discover how to use online marketing and sales automation tactics to massively grow their business.
It’s designed to help marketing agencies and small business owners discover which online marketing strategies are working most effectively today – all from the mouths of expert entrepreneurs who are already making it big.
Download and Listen Later
About Tony Mikes
Second Wind’s chief guru and managing director Anthony P. Mikes is a former advertising executive who spent twenty-five years managing and owning advertising agencies and graphic design studios. Mr. Mikes came to recognize the value of shared information as it relates to successfully managing an advertising agency. Second Wind (Mr. Mikes’ second life in advertising) was the result.
Eighteen years later, Second Wind continues to help its members succeed and grow by sharing its collective industry wisdom.
Mr. Mikes conducts agency management workshops, serves as a management consultant to individual agencies, and has addressed many advertising associations and trade organizations. He is also a contributing writer to numerous industry trade publications.
Mr. Mikes shares his industry know-how monthly in The Second Wind Newsletter, an overview of the advertising and design industry from the smaller agency principal’s viewpoint. You can read the compiled wisdom of Mr. Mikes in The Small Agency Survival Manual, LifeBlood: A 365-Days-A-Year New Business Plan for Small Agencies and The Account Service Bible.