Are you looking for inspiration and specific tactics and strategies to grow your business? Want to know how to raise money for your business?
Trent interviews Wade Foster, the CEO and one of the co-founders of a rapidly growing company called Zapier. Zapier integrates SaaS tools from different vendors using triggers and actions. It currently works with 300+ SaaS apps and is growing by about 10 apps per month.
Zapier has about 250,000 users and has raised $1.2 million. Among the investors are 2 of the most prominent venture capitalists in the Silicon Valley.
Listen now and you’ll hear Wade and I talk about:
- (03:00) Introductions
- (06:45) What did you do at the very start to test the idea?
- (14:10) What did you do after you signed up the first few users?
- (15:30) How long did it take to get to 1000 users?
- (13:00) What did you do after reaching 1000 users?
- (17:30) What was it like to be a part of Y-Combinator?
- (19:00) What had you accomplished by the end of the 3 months?
- (22:00) Tell us about the process of raising money.
- (26:00) What did you do with the money you raised?
- (27:00) What kinds of marketing activities worked for you?
- (29:00) What are some of the impacts of more integrations?
- (30:00) Tell me about the biggest mistake you’d made by this point.
- (32:00) How did you go about getting more integrations and users?
- (34:30) Why did you decide to be a virtual company instead of having an office?
- (38:00) What are the pros & cons of having a VC on board?
More About This Episode
About Wade Foster
Wade is co-founder and CEO of Zapier. His work has been featured on sites like WSJ, Forbes, Mixergy and TheNextWeb.