Paige Campbell is the CEO of Grady Britton, a mid-sized advertising and marketing agency in Portland, OR. Grady Britton has been in business for over 40 years.
Paige started as an employee and, along with her business partner, ended up buying the firm from the prior owner. Subsequently, Paige and her partner went on to buy two more agencies.
Whether you are buying or selling a business, or hoping to in the future, you are going to find great insights when you listen to this interview.
Listen now and you’ll hear Paige and I talk about:
- (01:10) Introduction
- (06:35) How did you make the transition from employee to owner?
- (09:30) Why didn’t you want to become an owner originally?
- (16:30) Please tell me about the next agency you bought.
- (21:00) What advise would you give potential agency sellers about starting to market their firm?
- (24:00) What terms are reasonable to expect as a seller?
- (29:00) What did the due diligence look like?
- (34:00) What advice would you give to the seller when surprises come up in due diligence?
- (37:00) How involved was your attorney in the process?
More About This Episode
The Bright Ideas podcast is the podcast for business owners and marketers who want to discover how to use online marketing and sales automation tactics to massively grow their business.
It’s designed to help marketing agencies and small business owners discover which online marketing strategies are working most effectively today – all from the mouths of expert entrepreneurs who are already making it big.
About Paige Campbell
Paige Campbell has over 20 years of marketing and brand development experience, which includes building communications strategies for national and regional clients such as Xerox Network Printers, Bob’s Red Milland First Independent Bank.
In her role as President, Paige oversees the strategic team providing guidance and strategy for various accounts. She believes that creative ideas can come from anywhere and she is driven to make sure that our clients are benefiting from the best business counsel and creative strategy possible. She leads the agency with an unparalleled commitment to her team, culture and clients.