How often have you met someone and thought, “This would be a great person to add to my network, I really should keep in touch with them”?
Likely too often for you to actually keep in touch all of those contacts on any meaningful basis, right? Well, Zvi Band noticed that he wasn’t the only person with this problem. It wasn’t as though there weren’t a ton of tools to make those connections – from email to LinkedIn to phone calls or cards. What was missing was something to help maintain a number of relationships over a variety of channels. Zvi founded Contactually on the premise that there would be a ton of value in a product that made it easy to do this follow up.
To grow the customer base, he focused on integrations & partnerships, and he shares those details in our interview. He also shares a lot more of what helped grow Contactually to seven figures in just one year.
Listen now and you’ll hear Zvi and I talk about:
- (03:20) Introductions
- (10:50) Overview of results
- (12:20) How they got their first 100 paying costumers
- (18:20) Overview of how they handled integration and partnerships
- (23:20) How they financed the very early stage
- (26:20) How they dealt with the challenge of focus
- (28:20) Overview of how they raised their first round of financing
- (22:20) How they got into 500 startups
- (34:20) What they did after getting the first round of money
- (36:00) How convertible debt works
- (40:20) Revenue generation after the 1st round of financing
- (41:20) Overview of KPIs they watched in 2012
- (43:20) How they paid attention to churn to reduce it
- (47:20) Overview of best practices
- (49:20) Do investors repeatedly invest?
- (55:20) How and why the hockey stick happened
(If you’d like to hear from more successful software business owners, check out all the great Bright Ideas interviews and podcasts on this topic.)
More About This Episode
The Bright Ideas podcast is the podcast for business owners and marketers who want to discover how to use online marketing and sales automation tactics to massively grow their business.
It’s designed to help marketing agencies and small business owners discover which online marketing strategies are working most effectively today – all from the mouths of expert entrepreneurs who are already making it big.
About Zvi Band
Zvi Band is the Founder of Contactually, software that helps its users to identify and stay engaged with your most important contacts.
He’s also passionate about growing the DC startup community, and founded Proudly Made in DC and the DC Tech Meetup.