As VP of Strategy for a super fast-growing digital agency, Mike Corak knows something about creating a successful content marketing strategy, for both his own agency and his clients. He also knows how to help clients to see the value of content marketing.
And Mike’s client list is impressive, including big shots like Coca-Cola, ConAgra Foods, ConocoPhillips, FedEx, Fujitsu, Nike, Office Depot, and Walt Disney.
Mike shares with us the tools that work for his agency, including lead generation, onboarding strategies, and how they’re scaling to deal with their growth. A must-listen for all agency owners.
Listen now and you’ll hear Mike and I talk about:
- (02:55) Introductions
- (06:35) What type of customers do you work with?
- (10:36) How are you landing clients? Relationships or a sales engine?
- (11:25) What does your lead generation system look like?
- (14:45) Which verticals do you have traction in?
- (17:55) Please describe your client onboarding process
- (23:55) How does content marketing fit in with the strategy?
- (27:55) Please describe a content strategy for a client
- (31:25) What would you say to a client that is on the fence about investing in content marketing?
- (37:55) What makes content helpful and why is that important?
- (40:55) Why did you raise money to start?
- (43:27) When did you raise the money?
- (44:55) What is the mix of public and private companies you work with?
- (46:15) Which type of client is easier to land?
More About This Episode
The Bright Ideas podcast is the podcast for business owners and marketers who want to discover how to use online marketing and sales automation tactics to massively grow their business.
It’s designed to help marketing agencies and small business owners discover which online marketing strategies are working most effectively today – all from the mouths of expert entrepreneurs who are already making it big.