By any measure, Max Traylor has built a very successful marketing agency. IMR focuses exclusively on content marketing and only takes clients on retainer. He shares with us how they built their agency, the type of customers they have, how they sell their services, and the essential role of the Content Marketer’s Blueprint.
This is a must-listen if you’re an agency principal or are interested in content marketing.
Listen now and you’ll hear Max and I talk about:
- (02:55) Introductions
- (04:29) Please tell us about IMR (your agency)
- (05:25) What type of client do you work with?
- (09:11) What were some of the early challenges in the transition to an inbound agency?
- (11:25) Why did your top client fire you?
- (16:55) How do you go choosing a niche to offer content marketing services?
- (21:25) Please tell us about your sales process
- (28:55) Please tell me about results from a recent client engagement
- (36:55) How can another agency become a CMB partner?
More About This Episode
The Bright Ideas podcast is the podcast for business owners and marketers who want to discover how to use online marketing and sales automation tactics to massively grow their business.
It’s designed to help marketing agencies and small business owners discover which online marketing strategies are working most effectively today – all from the mouths of expert entrepreneurs who are already making it big.
After struggling as a young entrepreneur, Max was bit by the inbound agency bug, eventually landing at the role of Inbound Marketing Consultant at Innovative Marketing Resources, a young inbound market agency. Today he is spearheading an initiative to help inbound agencies close deals and service contracts more efficiently.
Max is committed to helping young inbound agencies stay ahead of the learning curve by sharing the same sales and service processes that have allowed Innovative Marketing Resources to achieve explosive growth, closing over 20 retainer contracts in 9 months and scaling the agency to meet demand.