John Hurley is the director of product marketing for a venture backed startup called Radius. Radius has raised about $80M so far. They are selling an enterprise software solution to major brand players like American Express.
Today we have a very interesting conversation! We start with the content strategy that Radius uses to get traffic. Then we investigate their conversion process and the extensive multi-step test they conducted on how customers enter their software trial program.
This interview serves as an in-depth case study on detailed conversion optimization testing. It’s an area I’ve never explored in depth with a guest before and is full of great information.
Focus on how they drove traffic and how they maximized conversions. If you are with a SaaS company the issues discussed in this interview will be near and dear to your heart. Regardless, any company that wants to maximize traffic and conversion can pick up some great tips.
Listen now and you’ll hear John and I talk about:
- (01:19) Introduction
- (07:18) Please tell us about how you created your content strategy
- (10:56) How did you come up with the persona for your first user?
- (13:56) How did you develop your content map?
- (16:47) What types of things were you trying to uncover doing the interviews?
- (19:30) Please tell me about the types of content you created
- (22:42) How did you leverage social media to promote your content?
- (26:20) What were the different ways to test new user trials?
- (34:00) Please tell me about the quantitative results
- (37:00) How did you pick the winning conversion strategy and why?
More About This Episode
The Bright Ideas podcast is the podcast for business owners and marketers who want to discover how to use online marketing and sales automation tactics to massively grow their business.
It’s designed to help marketing agencies and small business owners discover which online marketing strategies are working most effectively today – all from the mouths of expert entrepreneurs who are already making it big.
About John Hurley
With 5+ years experience in building startups, John specializes in empowering growth at pioneering technology companies by coupling superior marketing intuition with a data-driven understanding of customers and markets.
At Radius, John applies marketing experience to determine what to build, who to build for, and how to sell it. He is responsible for creating the optimal product-to-market fit and driving customer acquisition so Radius can own the B2B marketing space and expand into new ones.