In today’s show you’ll hear lessons learned from the owners of two Hubspot certified marketing agencies:
- Paul Roetzer from PR 20/20
- Trent Dyrsmid from Groove Digital Marketing
Paul and Trent share their thoughts on:
- How to provide the right reporting to executive level management.
- Setting realistic expectations within your team.
- How to properly develop content and a content strategy that moves prospects through your funnel.
Whether you are an agency owner or a person considering inbound marketing for your company, you will learn some important lessons.
Listen now and you’ll hear Paul and I talk about:
- (01:20) Introductions
- (05:23) How did churn affect your business?
- (06:30) What are the criteria that need to be in place for success with inbound?
- (10:30) Tell me about the importance of the marketing assessment.
- (17:45) How do you ensure the C-suite get the right reporting?
- (21:45) How do you get access to the client’s analytics?
- (23:45) How do you ensure clients have realistic expectations?
- (26:55) What are some of the biggest mistakes you see companies making?
- (31:45) Talk about the content strategy needed to get people to move the funnel
- (36:45) What advice would you give the people just starting out?
More About This Episode
The Bright Ideas podcast is the podcast for business owners and marketers who want to discover how to use online marketing and sales automation tactics to massively grow their business.
It’s designed to help marketing agencies and small business owners discover which online marketing strategies are working most effectively today – all from the mouths of expert entrepreneurs who are already making it big.
About Paul Roetzer
Paul started PR 20/20 in November 2005 after seven years at a traditional PR and marketing firm. He is the author of The Marketing Agency Blueprint (Wiley, 2012) and The Marketing Performance Blueprint (Wiley, 2014); creator of Marketing Score and Marketing Agency Insider; and a graduate of Ohio University’s E.W. Scripps School of Journalism.