Daniel Rodriguez is the V.P. of Marketing at a venture backed software company called Seismic Software. His primary responsibility is generating leads for the sales team.
In this interview, Daniel is going to share the details of how his team has achieved significant success in attracting enterprise level clients (worth about $100K/year) using a combination of both inbound and outbound marketing. We dive into Seismic’s:
- Inbound marketing strategy
- How they define their buyer personas
- How they use LinkedIn to develop their buyer personas
- Some of the big challenges they encountered early on
- How much they spend each year on inbound marketing
- How they create and promote their content
- How they use LinkedIn groups
- Some of the assets in the top and middle of their funnel
- Inbound marketing timeframes – what is a realistic expectation for how long it will take to achieve meaningful results?
- The outbound marketing process run by their BDR’s
- How they find email addresses and what they say in the emails they send
This interview is full of demand generation content you are going to love!
Listen now and you’ll hear Daniel and I talk about:
- (01:00) Introductions
- (05:15) Why inbound marketing?
- (06:40) What type of customer are you trying to attract?
- (08:30) How does your inbound & outbound overlap?
- (12:25) How did you get started with inbound marketing?
- (14:29) Describe the process you used to create your buyer personas
- (17:11) Did you do interviews to help develop the personas?
- (19:35) What was one of the biggest challenges you faced early on?
- (22:20) How much are you spending on inbound marketing per year?
- (24:10) How do you promote your content?
- (29:50) How many LinkedIn groups are you in?
- (32:50) Tell me about some of the Assets you have in your funnel
- (39:30) Tell me how long it took to publish your first blog posts
- (41:50) Tell me about your outbound team
- (49:50) Tell me about the tools you are using to capture & import contact info
- (56:20) What are some of the really creative things your reps do?
- (57:50) What kinds of quota do your BDR’S have?
- (58:50) How are you building your dashboards?
More About This Episode
The Bright Ideas podcast is the podcast for business owners and marketers who want to discover how to use online marketing and sales automation tactics to massively grow their business.
It’s designed to help marketing agencies and small business owners discover which online marketing strategies are working most effectively today – all from the mouths of expert entrepreneurs who are already making it big.
About Daniel Rodriguez
Daniel is the VP of Marketing for Seismic, the leading enterprise sales enablement solution. In his second year at Seismic, the company has experienced strong lead generation and customer growth through inbound marketing efforts.
He has an MBA from MIT Sloan and BA from Harvard.