Evan Owens has built Centresource to $3.5 mil revenue last year by attracting the right clients and employees. Centresource is a digital agency that makes, markets and measures digital experiences for companies.
In today’s episode I get Evan to share the type of work Centresource does, who they work for and how they generate leads. We also discuss how content marketing plays a role in their business, how they pick which local networking events to attend and how both of these strategies generate leads. Pay close attention and learn a very smart thing Evan does once he builds a relationship with event organizers.
Listen now and you’ll hear Evan and I talk about:
- (03:00) Introduction
- (04:30) What type of work does your firm do?
- (07:30) How do you structure the billing of your software development projects?
- (08:45) What KPI’s do your customers focus on the ensure they are getting an ROI?
- (10:34) Which areas of healthcare are you getting traction with?
- (12:00) How are you generating leads in healthcare?
- (15:15) How do you find events to attend?
- (19:00) Please describe your process for content marketing.
- (27:00) Please tell me about how you go about hiring salespeople.
- (34:00) Should an agency choose just one niche?
More About This Episode
The Bright Ideas podcast is the podcast for business owners and marketers who want to discover how to use online marketing and sales automation tactics to massively grow their business.
It’s designed to help marketing agencies and small business owners discover which online marketing strategies are working most effectively today – all from the mouths of expert entrepreneurs who are already making it big.
About Evan Owens
Evan Owens is the CEO for Centresource Interactive Agency. Founded in 2003, Centresource helps their clients merge technology and marketing strategies to produce measurable results in the areas of growth, retention, efficiency, training and analytics. Throughout his career, he has helped a broad base of organizations such as Adobe, Healthways, Singer Sewing, Mapco, and SESAC revolutionize their marketing and technology strategies.
Under his leadership, Centresource has expanded to a national client base and is privileged to be named in the INC 5000, the Hottest 100 Companies in TN and the Inner City 100 Fastest Growing Companies in the US lists. Also in 2010, Centresource was selected as a finalist for the .NET Design Agency of the Year.
Evan holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Music from Belmont University. Outside of Centresource, he is the co-founder of Reboot Combat Recovery, a non-profit dedicated to helping service members heal from the spiritual wounds of war such as Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and combat trauma.