Since writing a post about how I’m planning to grow my agency, Groove Digital Marketing, into my next 7 figure success story, the feedback I’ve received from readers has been very positive. Thank you to those of you who shared the post, commented on it, or emailed me directly. Your feedback was very encouraging.
In today’s post, as promised, I’m going to give you a look over my shoulder for the past week and share with you what I did, as well as the results we achieved. If you missed last week’s post, you can find it here.
As always, my hope is that my transparency with you can be the fuel you need to achieve similar results in your own business. Sound good? Here we go!
Key Activities in the Week of May 19th, 2014
During the past week, here’s a summary of what happened:
- Kiana got bigger
- We published 5 blog posts
- I gave our site a ‘make over’
- Created 8 more lead magnets
Now that you’ve seen – at a high level – what the key activities were, let’s dive into some details.
Kiana Got Bigger
Kids grow like weeds. Kiana’s body weight has increased by 13% in just two weeks. Wow!
Here’s a few pics of our little darling (yes, I know pics of Kiana has nothing to do with this post…but I just couldn’t help myself!)
At the ripe “old” age of 23 days, Kiana has already been on a number of adventures; a train ride and boating among them. As you can see, she didn’t think too much of boating. Or maybe she just didn’t like the color of the life jacket?
5 New Blog Posts
Here are this week’s posts:
- Top 10 Insights on Effectively Using Content Marketing For Your Business
- Inbound Marketing: The Key to Predictable Lead Generation
- 4 Steps to Using Digital Marketing to Improve Your Marketing Strategy
- How to Use A/B Testing to Double Your Conversion Rate
- 7 Common Blogging Mistakes Made by Financial Services Firms
As you may recall, when I fist launched Groove’s site, it looked very similar to a friend of mine’s because he’d sold me a copy of his basic look/feel. Given that the site got zero traffic back then, I wasn’t interested in spending days to design my site and write basic content.
Now that, thanks to our blogging, traffic has taken off, so I knew it was time to give the site the attention that it needed to better convey our message, as well as to look different than Robb’s site.
If you’d like to see the new look, head over and check it out.
New Lead Magnets
The more landing pages you have, the more leads you will capture, and in order to have more landing pages, I needed more eBooks to offer as leads. The following eBooks are now in the works:
- 10 Useless Things to Cut From Your Marketing
- Social Prospecting Workbook: How to Use Social Media to Find New Leads
- 6 Marketing Metrics Your Boss Actually Cares About
- An Introduction to Closed Loop Marketing
- 10 Step Website Redesign Checklist
- Attract Customers with Twitter
- Unlocking ROI Analytics
- Inbound Marketing Campaign Toolkit
All of these ebooks will each have a landing page of their own as well as be listed on our Resources page (not yet completed).
Traffic & Leads
Since my decision just over a month ago to begin actively blogging on Groove, the results have come very quickly. Below is a summary of the activity over the last week. As you can see, traffic was up 16% from the previous week and new leads were up 12%. Go team! :)
- See prior posts in this series
- Get my B2B Lead Generation Training Course
- Get a copy of my Digital Marketing Handbook
If you liked this post and want future updates on our progress with how to start a marketing agency, just click the image below. If you’d like to get even more help and surround yourself with other agency owners, be sure and check out the Bright Ideas Mastermind Elite, which is my mastermind group for entrepreneurs running marketing agencies.