At Bright Ideas, we’ve talked with some great startups who’ve received support ftom 500 startups. This time it’s Tealet.com, a direct-from-farmers tea company dedicated to the growers around the world. Founder Elyse Peterson has devoted her time to creating a worldwide appreciation for the local farmers across the globe and in other food security campaigns.
From crowd-funding, kickstarter, 500 startups, and more, learn how Elyse used the digital landscape to get her business running. If you’re interested in alternate funding sources for businesses, you’ll want to check out this interview.
Listen now and you’ll hear Elyse and I talk about:
- (02:00) Introductions
- (07:00) How did you get the business started?
- (10:00) How did you use crowd funding?
- (12:50) How did you bring awareness to that Indiegogo campaign?
- (16:00) What was in it for the campaign backers?
- (20:00) What’s it like to get funded by 500 startups?
- (27:00) What happened after 500 startups?
- (31:00) What does it mean to be a part of the Las Vegas Downtown Project?
- (32:30) How has Bitcoin inpacted your business?
- (37:00) Please tell me about your community
More About This Episode
The Bright Ideas podcast is the podcast for business owners and marketers who want to discover how to use online marketing and sales automation tactics to massively grow their business.
It’s designed to help marketing agencies and small business owners discover which online marketing strategies are working most effectively today – all from the mouths of expert entrepreneurs who are already making it big.