It’s such a pleasure to me to have a chance to talk with a well-known entrepreneur like Yanik Silver.
Yanik has been selling since he was a teenager – his father enlisted him early on to help sell medical devices. That was some time ago, and since then Yanik has taken eight different products to the million dollar sales mark. And he’s not stopping any time soon. These days, in addition to running his business, he hosts a popular annual conference, runs an exclusive business mastermind group, and pals around with Richard Branson.
Listen now and you’ll hear Yanik and I talk about:
- (01:45) Introductions
- (03:25) How the Maverick organization started
- (07:40) Long form sales letters and long form copy
- (10:50) How Yanik sold his first information products
- (12:00) How Yanik would recommend selling information products today
- (16:00) Why Yanik’s life is better at 40
- (20:00) Things Yanik learned from Sir Richard Branson
- (23:00) Yanik’s advice for people who haven’t yet started a business
- (29:00) The 10th Annual Underground Event
- (35:30) Yanik turns the tables and interviews me
- (36:50) How Yanik got his first bit of revenue
(Yanik is just one of the many thought leaders we’ve had on the Bright Ideas podcast. Check out some others here.)
More About This Episode
The Bright Ideas podcast is the podcast for business owners and marketers who want to discover how to use online marketing and sales automation tactics to massively grow their business.
It’s designed to help marketing agencies and small business owners discover which online marketing strategies are working most effectively today – all from the mouths of expert entrepreneurs who are already making it big.
Click to Tweet: Yanik Silver on How to Build a Successful Online Business
About Yanik Silver
Yanik Silver has successfully bootstrapped 8 different product and service ideas hitting the million-dollar sales mark from scratch without funding, taking on debt or even having a real business plan.
His story and businesses have been featured in Fox Business News, TIME.com, USA Today, SmartMoney.com, MSN Money, Conde Naste’s Portfolio.com, Entrepreneur.com, WIRED magazine, WORTH.com, The Boston Globe, The Wall Street Journal, and many others.
Yanik is the author of several best-selling entrepreneurial books and tools including Instant Sales Letters®, “34 Rules for Maverick Entrepreneurs” and “Maverick Startup”. He is the founder of the Underground Online Seminar®, 3% Forward and Maverick1000, a private group of game-changing entrepreneurs, out to change the way business is played.