On this episode of the BrightIdeas podcast, we’re joined by Sean Malarkey, creator of a digital publishing and marketing company, and author of the blog and podcast The Money Pillow. Sean relies heavily on his team to help him run his digital publishing company so that he has plenty of time left to do important things such as surf daily from his home in Santa Barbara.
Do you think that his business might suffer without him spending much time running it each day? Not true. The company continues to return year over year growth of around 30%, and is set to gross approximately $2 million this year.
In other words, Sean has a great business that prospers without requiring much of his presence. You could almost say, it works while he sleeps! And yes, that’s what he was going for in this business, and also the concept he talks about with his guests on The Money Pillow podcast.
In this interview, you’ll hear Sean and I talk about:
- (2:00) How his team helps him out
- (4:00) An overview of his audience
- (5:45) The Money Pillow
- (12:20) His podcast launch
- (17:00) An explanation of how he’s going to extract the Golden Nuggets from his past episodes
- (20:30) How to monetize a podcast
- (25:50) How he’s promoting his podcast
- (29:00) How to decide if you should have a show
- (31:00) How he finds his guests
- (36:17) What his team looks like
- (44:30) How he’s building his team
- (49:20) Team-building advice
- (1:00:00) An overview of the publishing company, and how he launched it
- (1:08:00) How they are generating traffic and sales
More About This Episode
The Bright Ideas podcast is the podcast for business owners and marketers who want to discover how to use online marketing and sales automation tactics to massively grow their business.
It’s designed to help marketing agencies and small business owners discover which online marketing strategies are working most effectively today – all from the mouths of expert entrepreneurs who are already making it big.
About Sean Malarkey
Sean is the president of Inspired Marketing, a web based Internet Marketing Education company that helps clients achieve their goals online through digital trainings on all things Social Marketing & Online Marketing.
Sean is passionate about marketing and helping individuals better understand how to market themselves online using social media.
Sean is also the host of The Money Pillow, a blog and podcast dedicated to making money while you sleep (and play).