Are you looking for powerful tips to increase blog traffic?
In this interview Amanda Nelson shares 10 tips for managing a successful blog. Amanda Nelson is the Director of Marketing for Ringlead.com, a data quality platform for major CRM and marketing automation platforms. In her previous position as content manager for Salesforce.com, Amanda took the Salesforce.com corporate blog from 80,000 visitors per month to 340,000 visitors per month in just one year.
These tips worked at Salesforce and are working at RingLead, so whether you are a smaller company or a large one, these strategies will work very well for you if you implement them the same way Amanda did.
Listen now and you’ll hear Amanda and I talk about:
- (01:00) Introductions
- (06:45) What did you mean by “know the data”?
- (13:30) How did you find your best guest bloggers?
- (15:00) How did you nurture your guest bloggers?
- (17:00) How do you come up with great headlines?
- (18:30) How should you optimize a blog post?
- (19:30) What metrics do you watch for in each post?
- (20:20) Why is editing so important?
- (22:17) How can a B2B blogger be fun?
- (25:00) What tips do you have for getting creative?
- (27:00) How should you involve your team?
- (28:00) How do you go about planning your content?
- (29:15) What is a content engine?
More About This Episode
The Bright Ideas podcast is the podcast for business owners and marketers who want to discover how to use online marketing and sales automation tactics to massively grow their business.
It’s designed to help marketing agencies and small business owners discover which online marketing strategies are working most effectively today – all from the mouths of expert entrepreneurs who are already making it big.
If you would like a transcript of the show please visit the original interview published at GrooveDigitalMarketing.com/21
About Amanda Nelson
Amanda Nelson is Director of Marketing at RingLead where she leads the content marketing strategy and execution. She has spent the last three years in content marketing and community management at salesforce.com and Radian6, and has a background in account management for interactive and full service advertising agencies. Follow her on Twitter at @amandalnelson.