As the president and owner of Aha Media, Ahava works with clients and travels the country to deliver winning strategies to marketers. An established author, Ahava has captivated thousands with her insights. In this interview, I got a wonderful opportunity to get an inside look at the techniques she uses with her clients.
If you’d like to advance your content marketing techniques, this is a can’t miss episode.
Listen now and you’ll hear Ahava and I talk about:
- (02:20) Introductions
- (04:00) How is digital copy different than offline copy?
- (09:20) What type of clients do you work with?
- (11:20) How does a company realize that they need to work with you?
- (14:00) What is the #1 Lesson in your book?
- (14:50) What are your seven steps to success?
- (20:20) What does your client-retainer relationship look like?
- (26:20) How do you position yourself as a Strategic Adviser?
- (30:50) Why are analytics so important?
- (34:20) Describe the framework of an initial sales conversation with a client
- (38:20) Do you sell an assessment to get your foot in the door?
More About This Episode
The Bright Ideas podcast is the podcast for business owners and marketers who want to discover how to use online marketing and sales automation tactics to massively grow their business.
It’s designed to help marketing agencies and small business owners discover which online marketing strategies are working most effectively today – all from the mouths of expert entrepreneurs who are already making it big.
About Ahava Leibtag
Ahava is passionate about content and prides herself on tackling the toughest content projects—from healthcare to higher education to hip-hop (seriously). She has more than 15 years of experience in writing, messaging, and marketing, and is a well-recognized content expert. Her first book, The Digital Crown: Winning at Content on the Web was published by Morgan Kaufmann in November 2013.
Ahava is the president and owner of Aha Media Group, LLC, a content strategy and content marketing consultancy founded in October 2005. Prior to beginning Aha Media, she was a communications strategist for a government agency. Ahava has also worked for two major advertising agencies and a commercial production company, and she served as the metro beat reporter for The Jerusalem Post.
Ahava received her M.A. from Georgetown University and her B.A. from Stern College. She lives in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan region.