Zak Dabbas is the Founder and CEO of a very successful mobile agency called PunchKick Interactive. Currently ranked 959 on the Inc. 5000 list, they are on track this year to earn $8M.
PunchKick currently has 70 employees, is very profitable, and has most amazing and transparent culture you have ever heard of.
In this interview, you will learn how PunchKick Interactive got started and how they chose their niche. Are you looking for ideas on how to build a multi-million dollar company? Get your pen and paper ready to take pages of notes to capture the brilliant ideas shared in this interview.
Listen now and you’ll hear Zak and I talk about:
- (04:00) Introductions
- (05:00) How did you get started?
- (08:00) What did it mean for you to focus on mobile?
- (10:20) How did you target your customers?
- (16:00) How did you attract the talent to your team?
- (17:30) What is whisper talent?
- (21:40) What advice would you give to younger agencies?
- (26:00) How has transparency really helped your business?
- (31:30) What is the PunchKick Growth team?
- (34:00) How do you attract talent?
- (39:00) Tell me about your decision to hire salespeople?
- (44:00) How does your team do outreach?
- (47:00) What does sales team compensation look like?
- (53:30) What are The Hunger Games?
More About This Episode
The Bright Ideas podcast is the podcast for business owners and marketers who want to discover how to use online marketing and sales automation tactics to massively grow their business.
It’s designed to help marketing agencies and small business owners discover which online marketing strategies are working most effectively today – all from the mouths of expert entrepreneurs who are already making it big.
About Zak Dabbas
Zak Dabbas is the co-founder and CEO of Punchkick Interactive. A bonafide veteran of the mobile space, Zak has played a key role in the launch of integrated mobile campaigns for global brands including Harley-Davidson, Microsoft, Allstate Insurance Co., UPS, and Marriott International. Zak has overseen mobile strategy for Punchkick since its founding in 2006, and has helped the company experience massive year-over-year organic growth since its inception.