If you want to build a highly profitable (and valuable) marketing agency, you must avoid hourly charges and instead bill your clients via retainer fee. While this may not seem like rocket science, the reality is that most agencies aren’t very successful at putting this idea into practice.
In this episode of the Bright Ideas podcast, I’m joined by Joel Widmer, founder of Fluxe Digital Marketing, a firm that he’s built as a retainer fee only agency.
In our discussion, you will hear he and I talk about:
- how he launched his company
- a decision that he made early on that totally changed his way of thinking on how to bill his clients
- how he altered his client attraction strategies to ensure that he ends up working with the right clients
- the one idea that he implemented with his retainer agreements that made it easy for clients to say yes
- why documented systems and processes are so important and how he’s using them to free up his time
- the 5 steps that must precede any lead generation activity
- several of the tools and resources that he uses to run his firm
..And so much more!
More About This Episode
The Bright Ideas podcast is the podcast for business owners and marketers who want to discover how to use online marketing and sales automation tactics to massively grow their business.
It’s designed to help marketing agencies and small business owners discover which online marketing strategies are working most effectively today – all from the mouths of expert entrepreneurs who are already making it big.
About Joel Widmer
He’s the founder of Fluxe Digital Marketing, a marketing shop that specializes in content marketing and strategic consulting for businesses and authors.
You can find Joel on his blog.