3 years ago, Casey Graham was at rock bottom. He was $80,000 in debt, he’d just missed out on a major family event (because he was on the road making sales calls), and things at home weren’t exactly firing on all cylinders.
For many early-stage entrepreneurs, this is an all too familiar story.
Fast forward 3 years, and Casey’s company has become extremely successful, all thanks to a major realization he made on a trip home from overseas (when we was missing out on that important family event).
While on the plane, Casey realize that the way he was delivering his product was wrong, he sales strategy was wrong, and if he was going to ever realize his dreams of owning a successful business, he was doing to need to do a number of things differently.
In this episode of the Bright Ideas podcast, I’m joined by Casey Graham, founder of The Rocket Company, and also the winner of Infusionsoft’s 2013 Ultimate Marketer award. Having made some pretty big changes to his business 3 years ago, Casey now generates over $2 million a year (with very high profit margins), is completely debt free, and is having more fun than ever!
When you listen to this interview, here are some of the things that you are going to hear Casey and I talk about:
- How entering his company in the Infusionsoft Ultimate Marketing Finals really helped his team to get ultra focused
- (10:52) The story of how Casey fired himself from his last job to start his own business (and how awful it turned out)
- (19:12) How his very first email broadcast from Infusionsoft earned him a few thousand dollars (something that he’d NEVER done before)
- (20:12) Casey’s traffic generation strategy, and specifically, how Twitter played a pivotal role in growing his list from 832 to over 47,000 in just 3 years
- (25:12) How Casey sets up automated nurturing campaigns in Infusionsoft
- (28:16) How Casey warms up his new leads in a very special warm up sequence, which is then followed by a webinar sequence that results in the vast majority of their product sales
- (32:42) How webinars play a crucial role in Casey’s sales funnel and how he structures them to produce maximum conversions
- (34:00) How he presents an offer in his webinar so that more sales result
- (37:30) How Casey generates substantial additional revenue via up-sells and cross-sells
- (38:30) The 3 types of up-sells that Casey uses and how to replicate what he’s doing in your own business
- (47:12) How Casey is building “relationship capital” with his customers with specific examples
- (52:00) How the success of all of this has massively changed Casey’s life
- (55:10) What he is most excited about for 2013, his favorite business book, and how to reach him
- The Rocket Company
- Call Ruby
- (Book) The Advantage: Why Organizational Health Trumps Everything Else In Business
More About This Episode
The Bright Ideas podcast is the podcast for business owners and marketers who want to discover how to use online marketing and sales automation tactics to massively grow their business.
It’s designed to help marketing agencies and small business owners discover which online marketing strategies are working most effectively today – all from the mouths of expert entrepreneurs who are already making it big.
About Casey Graham
In 2008, Casey Graham started The Rocket Company out of a passion to reach church leaders worldwide – to train, speak, coach, consult – all to help the church. With barely any money in the bank, a stay-at-home wife and a one year old daughter, he set out on a dream which almost failed a few times. Five years later, The Rocket Company is reaching thousands of church leaders and expanding its service offerings. In 2013, they won Infusionsoft’s Ultimate Marketer of the Year award and are now helping other business leaders grow their businesses. Casey lives in Atlanta with his wife and kids.