Building a successful marketing blog is no easy task because there is a LOT of competition. Building a software company that sells software for a monthly fee is even harder.
Have success with on or both of these endeavors and you are on your way to one heck of an exciting entrepreneurial adventure!
In this episode of the Bright Ideas podcast, I’m joined by Dan Norris, founder of Inform.ly. Informly provides actionable data to help content marketers engage their audience and create content that grows their business.
When you listen to this interview, you are going to hear Dan and I talk about the following:
- Why he started Inform.ly and where traditional analytics apps fall short for content marketers
- How he hired coders to build his app (5:30)
- A sidebar plugin he’s building that will display your best converting posts (7:30)
- How he’s attracting customers (9:00)
- His top 4 tips for building a highly successful blog (15:00)
- Why conversions are more important than traffic (17:30)
- How to maximize conversions from your blog (18:10)
- His biggest screw up and what you should do to avoid repeating this huge mistake (26:05)
- Why surveys aren’t a good tool for validating your product (31:05)
More About This Episode
The Bright Ideas podcast is the podcast for business owners and marketers who want to discover how to use online marketing and sales automation tactics to massively grow their business.
It’s designed to help marketing agencies and small business owners discover which online marketing strategies are working most effectively today – all from the mouths of expert entrepreneurs who are already making it big.
About Dan Norris
Dan Norris is the founder of Informly and helps bloggers and content marketers create content that engages their target audience and drives leads. You can download his free ebook with his top 12 tips here.