If you’re a marketing agency owner who’s struggling to get traction, how would you like to hear from an agency owner who was very successful early along? Chris Handy built a $400,000 two-person agency in just 24 months, and he has generously agreed to share what worked with the BrightIdeas audience. (For more agency Bright Ideas, check out our other posts that are especially relevant to marketing agencies.)
Chris has excellent strategies for lead generation, LinkedIn and other social promotion, lead nurturing and more. In addition to the ThinkHandy digital marketing strategy, Chris shares ideas on how to select a profitable niche.
Listen now and you’ll also hear Chris and I talk about:
- (5:00) Introductions
- (8:50) His background with eBay
- (12:30) How his exposure to process has molded his thinking
- (14:50) Overview of #1 lead generation
- (15:30) Overview of how he’s using LinkedIn
- (19:50) Overview of how they are blogging for leads
- (24:20) Criteria for selecting a profitable niche
- (26:30) Overview of lead nurturing
- (31:00) Overview of retained income and how assessments lead to it
- (40:00) Overview of how they systematize the deliverables
- (43:30) How they are using client interviews to create blog posts
- (45:00) Overview of deliverables given for retainer
- (51:00) Overview of social promotion strategy
- (56:00) Advice on how to get started at content marketing
- (58:20) His biggest mistake and lessons learned
More About This Episode
The Bright Ideas podcast is the podcast for business owners and marketers who want to discover how to use online marketing and sales automation tactics to massively grow their business.
It’s designed to help marketing agencies and small business owners discover which online marketing strategies are working most effectively today – all from the mouths of expert entrepreneurs who are already making it big.
About Chris Handy
Chris Handy is the Founder & CEO of Thinkhandy, a sales and marketing alignment consultancy in Fort Worth, TX.
Clients working with Thinkhandy find a helpful partner dedicated to shortening their sales cycle and generating more qualified leads.
We create a much more efficient business development environment with an aligned marketing and sales strategy.