Tony Wright is the CEO of WrightIMC, an integrated marketing agency that did $2.3 million in revenue last year and is on track to earn over $3 million in revenue this year. Want to learn how to get more retainer clients? 90% of WrightIMC’s revenue is retainer income.
Tony also shares his 4-step strategy for SEO, how he uses speaking gigs to land new clients, and why he spends 2 hours per day on LinkedIn.
Listen now and you’ll hear Tony and I talk about:
- (03:10) Introduction
- (05:10) What type of services are best for retainer?
- (06:40) When do you start talking to clients about a retainer?
- (11:10) What tools do use to track time spent by your team?
- (13:10) What type of customer do you sell to?
- (16:10) When did referrals start to play a major role?
- (17:40) How do you get your speaking gigs?
- (21:10) How do you use LinkedIn?
- (29:10) How does content marketing play a role in lead generation?
- (31:10) What does you first conversation with a prospective client look like?
- (34:10) How did you get to write for INC magazine?
- (37:10) What do you do for SEO for a client these days?
- (41:55) Please expand on your syndication strategy
- (44:10) How do you tag someone on facebook?
More About This Episode
The Bright Ideas podcast is the podcast for business owners and marketers who want to discover how to use online marketing and sales automation tactics to massively grow their business.
It’s designed to help marketing agencies and small business owners discover which online marketing strategies are working most effectively today – all from the mouths of expert entrepreneurs who are already making it big.
About Tony Wright
With more than 14 years of hands-on and strategic experience in interactive marketing and a background in traditional and interactive public relations and journalism, Tony Wright has spent his career helping companies of all sizes be profitable online.
Wright is a search marketing geek and also has extensive experience in online crisis communication and brand reputation strategy, including corporate blogging and corporate monitoring, most notably directing the online corporate reputation management strategy for American Airlines immediately following the events of September 11, 2001. Wright serves as the driving force behind WrightIMC while also managing online media strategies, public relations and other interactive marketing projects for clients. He provides valuable input into creative, technical and strategic projects as well, ensuring that the strategic vision of all interactive marketing programs mesh with campaign goals.