Today I interview Laura Roeder, who founded LKR Studios in 2009. Laura has built quite a name for herself teaching people how to create internet fame and how to use social media to further their business objectives. Out of that business she got an idea for a software product that helps people to use social media. The name of the software is Edgar.
Today we talk about the challenges of transitioning from an information products only business to the software business. Laura details the different skills and approach that are required to run a successful software business.
If you are thinking of starting a software business this is going to be a great interview for you to listen to.
Listen now and you’ll hear Laura and I talk about:
- (01:10) Introductions
- (04:41) Why did you decide to get into the software business?
- (08:10) How did you begin to develop Edgar?
- (14:30) When did you start to talk about your product?
- (18:50) How did you get your first users?
- (21:50) How did you get ideas for additional features?
- (27:00) What should you do if you still have a job and want to start a software company?
- Laura’s First Interview: How Laura Roeder Used Infusionsoft to Achieve an 8x Revenue Increase in Just Two Years
- Bernie Yoo Interview
- Paul Biggar Interview
- Ethan Anderson Interview
- Adeel Ahmad Interview
- Elyse Petersen Interview
More About This Episode
The Bright Ideas podcast is the podcast for business owners and marketers who want to discover how to use online marketing and sales automation tactics to massively grow their business.
It’s designed to help marketing agencies and small business owners discover which online marketing strategies are working most effectively today – all from the mouths of expert entrepreneurs who are already making it big.
About Laura Roeder
Laura Roeder is the founder of Edgar, a new social media automation tool designed to prevent social updates from going to waste.
Since 2009, she’s been teaching entrepreneurs how to harness the power of social media marketing and create their own fame at LKR Social Media.