Is your sales organization bringing in a steady stream of new customers? In this episode, I interview Adam Becker from Tinderbox. Adam is the Director of Sales for Tinderbox and his role is making sure that the sales and lead generation teams are productive.
Tinderbox is a SaaS company focused on the sales productivity space. Specifically, they work with the documents sales teams are using on a day-to-day basis. This interview describes how Tinderbox uses a sales driven organization to add 50-60 new deals per month with the average deal size of $12-15K annually.
Tinderbox has a somewhat unique issue in that their customers don’t even know they have a problem until they get an education. Want to know the exact process they are going through to get their prospects attention?
You’ll not only learn that, but also learn in painstaking detail:
- How they are finding people for their team
- How they are training their team
- How they are providing lists to their sales team
- How they are compensating them
- How the call structure works
- How many touches it takes to get a prospect to be interested
If you are looking for insight into how to build a BDR program this interview is going to give you a ton of it.
Listen now and you’ll hear Adam and I talk about:
- (01:00) Introductions
- (05:10) What is a use case for Tinderbox?
- (11:30) How many customers do you get each month?
- (12:47) Please describe the sales strategies you use to get new customers.
- (15:30) What are some of the more innovative ways you are building your brand?
- (17:30) How did you build your BDR team?
- (19:45) What were some mistakes you made with hiring?
- (21:17) How did you compensate the BDR team?
- (24:40) How did you ensure they were calling the right prospects?
- (27:30) How do you get the list for the BDRs to call?
- (31:30) How do you get the attention of their prospects?
- (37:30) What do the call scripts look like and how often do they change?
- (38:30) How are you collecting data on the effectiveness of your outbound marketing?
- (40:00) How do you train your BDRs?
More About This Episode
The Bright Ideas podcast is the podcast for business owners and marketers who want to discover how to use online marketing and sales automation tactics to massively grow their business.
It’s designed to help marketing agencies and small business owners discover which online marketing strategies are working most effectively today – all from the mouths of expert entrepreneurs who are already making it big.
About Adam Becker
Director of Sales. Prior to TinderBox, Adam thrived at Indianapolis-based ExactTarget. Starting in 2006, he saw the company grow from 80 to 1300+ employees. At ExactTarget he started on the marketing team, optimizing the lead flow process, then migrated to the sales team serving several years as a market development manager and as a team lead. Most recently he acted as a Strategic Channel Development Manager overseeing the success of ExactTarget’s top partners in the central region.
Becker graduated from Taylor University in 2004 with degrees in Design, Physics, and Business Management.