If you want proof that you don’t need decades of experience and a huge Rolodex full of clients in order to start a marketing agency, look no further. Andrew and his colleagues at Guavabox launched an agency right out of college, and by all measures are on track to have a tremendously successful business.
Guavabox does an impressive job of generating content marketing. And, more than almost anyone I’ve spoken with, they not only understand the importance of list segmentation, but they provide an overview of how they’ve segmented their list, and how this segmentation has helped them identify their hottest prospects, and appropriately nurture and convert their leads into paying clients.
In addition, Andrew explains the thinking behind, and validation of, their business model, sharing insights helpful to any startup. There was so much goodness in this interview that I had to break it into two parts.
When you listen to Part 1, you’ll hear Andrew and I talk about:
- (3:30) Introductions
- (5:50) Why the old model of web design doesn’t scale
- (8:30) An overview of financial results
- (10:00) His business philosophy and how it played a critical role in their launch
- (13:30) How they validated their business model
- (16:30) How taking on a new client went wrong
- (21:00) How they picked their niche
- (25:30) How they are generating leads
- (27:30) How blogging plays a role in lead generation
- (29:30) How they developed their personas
- (35:30) An overview of outbound marketing
.. And be sure to check out Part 2 to hear:
- (3:00) An overview of various nurturing campaigns
- (7:00) An overview of how they’re using personas to segment their list
- (13:00) An overview of when and how they decide to follow up with each lead
- (16:30) An overview of how they are changing their business model to a retainer fee model
- (21:00) An overview of their retainer plans
- (12:40) How they report results (traffic & leads) and what they’re planning for the month ahead
- (25:00) How they manage client expectations
- (28:00) How they are producing blog content
- (31:00) How they are using contractors
- (33:00) An overview of how they are in track with their goals
More About This Episode
The Bright Ideas podcast is the podcast for business owners and marketers who want to discover how to use online marketing and sales automation tactics to massively grow their business.
It’s designed to help marketing agencies and small business owners discover which online marketing strategies are working most effectively today – all from the mouths of expert entrepreneurs who are already making it big.
About Andrew Dymski
Andrew is the a co-founder of GuavaBox, a web design and inbound marketing agency. Guavabox helps clients in the industrial space reach new customers through inbound marketing.