Would you like to put customer acquisition on auto-pilot? Just imagine how it would feel to have a steady stream of qualified leads that were all happily buying your products on a regular basis.
Now imagine that they were also telling all their friends to do the same.
Sound too good to be true? Well…you might be surprised to learn that if you embrace something called Lifecycle Marketing in your business, that one day in the not too distant future, the scenario I’ve just described will become the reality of your business.
In this episode of the Bright Ideas podcast, I’m joined by Scott Martineau Co-founder of Infusionsoft, ranked by Inc Magazine as one of the fastest growing software companies in America. Infusionsoft is absolutely amazing software and I can’t imagine running my business without it. If I did, I’d have to work far longer hours and my business wouldn’t be nearly as easy to run as it is now.
I recently attended ICON, Infusionsoft’s annual business conference, and while there, I had a chance to meet Scott and ask him to come share his story here on the show.
When you listen to this interview, you are going to hear Scott and I talk about the following:
- How they first started Infusionsoft back in 2001
- Why their first idea wasn’t working and the one thing they changed that has allowed them to create a 400+ person company today.
- Why Goldman Sachs invested $54 million in Infusionsoft and what this means for the future of small business in general
- The consulting business model vs the product business model and what you need to understand about the massive benefit of one versus the other
- The importance of picking a target market and how to do it correctly (20:15)
- An example of some early challenges and how Scott and his partners turned this challenge into a huge opportunity (26:15)
- Why it is so important for an entrepreneur to have a strong mind and 3 thing you can do to make yours even stronger (33:15)
- An overview of Lifecycle Marketing and why to embrace it in your business (39:45)
- What’s next for small business owners (55:15)
- Conquer the Chaos
- Marcus Sheridan Interview
- Infusionsoft’s Elite forum
- BrightIdeas’ Lifecycle Marketing Guide
- Made to Stick
- Janette Gleason Interview
- BrightIdeas.co Agency Mastermind Group
More About This Episode
The Bright Ideas podcast is the podcast for business owners and marketers who want to discover how to use online marketing and sales automation tactics to massively grow their business.
It’s designed to help marketing agencies and small business owners discover which online marketing strategies are working most effectively today – all from the mouths of expert entrepreneurs who are already making it big.
About Scott Martineau
Scott’s mission is to solve the challenges small businesses face in marketing their products and services. He leads the Demand Generation team and oversees marketing activities that drive new prospects and customers for Infusionsoft. His own entrepreneurial experiences and his understanding of what small businesses need enable him to continually evolve our software in innovative and successful ways.
Scott holds a Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems from Arizona State University.