No matter what business you’re in, you never stop selling. Whether it’s to clients, businesses, your superiors or your peers, having the skills to convey the quality of your product is a necessity. Ian Altman has a formula and has been successfully demonstrating that formula to eager businesses and organizations. Whether it’s identifying potential pitfalls, making the most out of a smaller target number, or developing a quality pitch, Ian shares his ideas and strategies on how you can use the skills he has honed and developed. Best of all? His approach works.
Even on Bright Ideas, it’s not everyday you get an opportunity to hear from a best selling author. Listen now and you’ll hear Ian and I talk about:
- (03:40) Introductions
- (07:20) Ian gives us insight into how executives make purchase decisions
- (09:00) I ask Ian if his advice about executives applies to website sales copy
- (16:00) Ian discusses how to sell more by talking to fewer people
- (20:30) Ian explains the difference between his two books
- (23:15) Ian introduces the idea of “Adversarial Traps” faced by buyers and sellers
- (27:00) How to use the “Entice, Disarm and Discover” approach to get in the door
- (33:40) The right way to ask clients for referrals
- (36:45) The best way to identify your ideal tribe using the Elevator Rant approach
- (40:00) How to use the “Issue, Impact, Importance” approach to which client problems are the biggest ones and how to determine if the client will pay to solve them
(If you would like to hear more about great sales tactics, check out the other great Bright Ideas interviews and blogs on the subject.)
More About This Episode
The Bright Ideas podcast is the podcast for business owners and marketers who want to discover how to use online marketing and sales automation tactics to massively grow their business.
It’s designed to help marketing agencies and small business owners discover which online marketing strategies are working most effectively today – all from the mouths of expert entrepreneurs who are already making it big.
Click to Tweet: Ian Altman on How to Make More Sales by Talking to Fewer People
About Ian Altman
Ian Altman is the CEO of Grow My Revenue, LLC. CEOs and executives call on Ian as a trusted advisor and speaker on sales and business development. Ian’s methods have helped businesses double their revenue growth rate without adding salespeople.
Ian is the author of Upside Down Selling, an Amazon #1 Best Seller. He coauthored his upcoming book, Same Side Selling, with Jack Quarles of Buying Excellence.
Are you ready to start Same Side Selling? Request a FREE preview chapter from Ian’s book Same Side Selling at http://www.samesideselling.com