In today’s episode, I interview an entrepreneur by the name of Bobby Jacques, who, after 8 years as a government employee, decided to start selling private label products on Amazon. After just one year, he’s launched 5 products, quit his job, and is now running a rapidly growing eCommerce business that did $47K in May of 2016.
Listen to the Audio
In This Episode, Bobby and I Discuss:
- Why he picked Amazon
- How he got started
- How he researched his products
- How he generates reviews
- How he finds his suppliers
- Product customization
- How he handles shipping
- The lessons he’s learned from selling in his categories
- How sponsored listings have played a role
Links Mentioned in This Episode
- Junglescout (Bobby’s favorite product research tool)
- SECockpit (keyword research tool)
- Episode 201 (product selection)
- Episode 202 (finding suppliers and what to say to them)
- MerchantWords (keyword research tool specifically for Amazon)
- Alibaba (site to find suppliers)
- Global Sources (site to find suppliers)
- Thomasnet (site to find suppliers)
If you liked this episode, you might also enjoy:
Have a Comment?
In an effort to make discussion more social, I’ve moved comments onto Facebook. If you have a comment or question, please click the button below to be taken directly to the Facebook post.