Today we interview Dan Briscoe, the VP of Marketing for a software company called HCSS. HCSS started in 1986 and makes software for big construction companies. HCSS brought Dan in about 2.5 years ago when their leads began to stagnate. He has helped them achieve phenomenal results.
In the interview, we unpack the tactics that went into Dan’s results.
How did they get started? How did they get buy-in from the executive team? What did he do to experiment and deliver concrete results to sway the naysayers? How is SEO and video playing a role in their strategy? What lead generating ideas did he bring to HCSS?
We finish the conversation on how he provides concrete ROI data with analytics.
Tom Schwab is the CEO of GoodbyeCrutches.com. Goodbye Crutches sells equipment for people who can’t put weight on one foot or the other. Tom came from the corporate world and started a medical supply business. Over the last 4 years he has taken his business from a regional player to a national leader using inbound marketing and the HubSpot tool.
In this interview, Tom shares at length what they did to grow their blog from 3,000 visitors per month – 2000 of which was from paid traffic – to over 70,000 visitors per month, with almost no paid traffic.
There are two key points in this interview:
- How to get your buyer personas correct.
- How to map out a content strategy that pays very close attention to the needs, wants, and fears of your buyer personas.
Rand Fishkin is the CEO of SEO software company; SEOmoz. He co-authored the Art of SEO from O’Reilly Media, co-founded Inbound.org, and was named on PSBJ’s 40 Under 40 List and BusinessWeek’s 30 Best Tech Entrepreneurs Under 30. Rand is an addict of all things content & social on the web, from his multiple blogs to Twitter, Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn, FourSquare and even a bit of Pinterest. In his minuscule spare time, Rand enjoys the company of his amazing wife, whose serendipitous travel blog chronicles their journeys.
Listen to the Audio
Our Chat Today
- how SEO has actually gotten easier, if you know what to do
- how a marketing agency (or any small business) should begin their inbound marketing campaign
- how to develop a lean SEO model and get it validated before you ever create any content
- how curation should play a role in your content creation
- the right way to curate so that Google and users will love you
- an example of a bi-weekly curation done by SEOmoz that is hugely successful
- how to think about SEO today so that you are in the lead in 5 years
- the keys to on-page optimization
- how to create unique value
- how Rand spends his time
- and so much more!
Who is Trent Dyrsmid?
Trent Dyrsmid is a serial entrepreneur, husband, and father. Thanks to his obsession with Standard Operating Procedures and his love of delegation, his 3 private companies generate millions a year in revenue. Prior to launching these 3 companies, Profit Magazine named Trent’s first company as one of Canada’s PROFIT 100 fastest growing companies for two years in a row before he sold it for 7 figures in 2008. In 2007, Business in Vancouver magazine named Trent a Top 40 Under 40 Entrepreneur.