In this interview, Trent speaks with Rishi Dave, CMO of Dun & Bradstreet. Rishi has been with Dun & Bradstreet since February 2014. Trent found Rishi after reading an article titled, “If a 173 year old public company can digitally transform, what’s your excuse?”
If you are a CMO or CEO of an organization that hasn’t yet fully embraced digital marketing, you will learn a lot. Hear what Rishi focused on in the beginning and how they shifted their culture to embrace digital marketing.
What are a few other highlights? We talk about how the buyer’s journey has really changed in the last few years and how content marketing plays a role in that. Rishi also shares some best practices for lead segmentation.
Listen now and you’ll hear Rishi and I talk about:
- (1:20) Introduction
- (05:00) What are some of the challenges you face in your new role?
- (06:40) How did you get started?
- (08:00) How did you get buy in to shift the culture?
- (07:26) What advice would you give to other CMOs who need to shift culture?
- (11:50) What was one of the first things you tested?
- (14:25) How did buyer personas influence blog content?
- (17:00) How are you using content to generate leads?
- (18:15) How are you planning to increase ROI from paid media?
- (20:15) Why doesn’t paid media scale as well as content lead media?
- (21:40) What is the difference in lead quality between paid vs. content generated leads?
- (23:40) How has the buyer journey changed & how is content playing a role?
- (26:15) Which tools are you using?
- (29:15) Tell me about your lead nurturing process.
- (31:15) What advice would you give to other CMOs about lead segmentation?
- (33:15) What kinds of mistakes did your team make early on?
- (35:15) Which digital marketing pieces are you planning to outsource?
- (38:15) What really drives today’s CMO?
More About This Episode
The Bright Ideas podcast is the podcast for business owners and marketers who want to discover how to use online marketing and sales automation tactics to massively grow their business.
It’s designed to help marketing agencies and small business owners discover which online marketing strategies are working most effectively today – all from the mouths of expert entrepreneurs who are already making it big.
About Rishi Dave
Chief Marketing Officer of Dun & Bradstreet. Rishi runs all marketing globally including brand, demand generation, digital, communications, PR, AR, operations, channel, events, sales enablement, corporate social responsibility, and product marketing.