Weddings are expensive. Most couples accept that and budget for it, or try to keep the cost down by limiting the guest list etc.
Not Dave Kerpen. He wanted a big wedding, and at 500 guests he definitely got that. But, he didn’t pay through the nose.
Instead, Dave and his wife used their marketing smarts to raise $100,000 in corporate sponsorship. Now that’s impressive!
But it doesn’t stop there – the wedding was held in a baseball stadium, and ended up getting a ton of media coverage. The couple estimated they received the equivalent of $20 million in earned media coverage, and they used the momentum from this success to launch their successful marketing agency!
Dave’s also had an Inc 500 fastest growing company for 2 years, and when we spoke he held the title as the #1 LinkedIn Influencer in pageviews. You can imagine that he has some great ideas to share.
Listen now and you’ll hear Dave and I talk about:
- (03:05) Introductions
- (05:20) What problem does your software solve?
- (10:45) How did you go about attracting customers?
- (15:45) How did you get started in business?
- (18:45) How did you get corporate sponsorship for your wedding?
- (21:45) How did sponsorship translate into customer attraction?
- (26:15) How did you launch your agency?
- (28:45) What would do differently today if you were starting over?
- (31:45) What advice would you give the solo-preneur on growing beyond just one?
- (32:45) What is your pricing strategy?
- (36:15) How did you target your customers?
- (39:45) How did you continually increase the size of your customers?
- (42:45) What advice would you give to entrepreneurs to succeed with content marketing?
- (47:45) How did you become a LinkedIn Influencer?
- (49:45) What should we be doing on LinkedIn?
More About This Episode
The Bright Ideas podcast is the podcast for business owners and marketers who want to discover how to use online marketing and sales automation tactics to massively grow their business.
It’s designed to help marketing agencies and small business owners discover which online marketing strategies are working most effectively today – all from the mouths of expert entrepreneurs who are already making it big.
About Dave Kerpen
Dave Kerpen is the Founder and CEO of Likeable Local, and the Co-Founder and Chairman of Likeable Media. Dave is the NY Times Bestselling author of 3 books and the #1 LinkedIn Influencer of all time in page views, ahead of Bill Gates, Jack Welch, Mark Cuban and President Obama.
- 12 ways to get personal with Twitter
- Twitter Marketing with Mark Shaefer
- How to define a Target Audience for your campaigns