Bill also generously shares his innovative strategies for getting in the door with big name clients (teaser: it has something to do with volleyballs), and then how to do a great job with that first conversation. Actually, both Bill and I share our frameworks for an effective sales call, so if that’s something you’re interested in, be sure to check that out.
You’ll also want to listen to this episode if you (or your clients) are in the retail space, since Bill shares how technology is truly leveling the playing field for that industry.
Listen now and you’ll hear Bill and I talk about:
- (03:15) Introduction
- (05:15) Who does your company service?
- (06:45) Do you have retainer levels or project work?
- (08:15) How have you managed to land name-brand clients?
- (17:45) Please tell us about the framework that you use for the very first conversation
- (22:15) What is content marketing for your firm?
- (25:15) How has the way people engaged with brands changed in the last 5 years?
- (26:40) Tell us about Facebook graph search
- (30:06) How is technology the great equalizer in business today?
- (30:45) What are Beacons?
- (39:15) What offerings do you feel holding the next opportunities for agencies in 2014?
- (42:15) Which mobile ad networks should I consider for media buys?
- Beacons whitepaper (scroll down to the lower right hand corner of the homepage)
More About This Episode
The Bright Ideas podcast is the podcast for business owners and marketers who want to discover how to use online marketing and sales automation tactics to massively grow their business. It’s designed to help marketing agencies and small business owners discover which online marketing strategies are working most effectively today – all from the mouths of expert entrepreneurs who are already making it big.
About Bill Carmody
An expert in both the promotions and digital industry, he has been able to harness the power of both to deliver high impact customer engagement for his clients. He was a founding partner and CMO of Seismicom, a leading brand promotions agency. At groundbreaking digital ad agency Modem Media (now Publicis Modem), he was a pioneer in launching some of the first commercial websites including MasterCard.com and CBS.com as well as the first web-based contest for CBS’ March Madness tournament and negotiating MasterCard’s first banner ad on Yahoo.com. His book, Online Promotions, continues to inspire and drive digital promotional innovation.
At Trepoint, where he has been CEO since 2008, he is creating competitive advantage for Challenger Brands like Patak’s, Jose Ole, Tai Pei and Ling Ling by combining the forces of technology and marketing. Passionate about integrating wireless, online, sponsorship, events, and traditional marketing disciplines, Bill has presented at dozens of industry conferences and tradeshows across the globe.