This podcast is a real treat. Robert Rose is the second guest I’ve had from the Content Marketing Institute (CMI), which is virtually an institution of knowledge on content marketing. Robert is CMI’s Chief Strategist there, and I definitely learned some new strategies taht I’m looking forward to sharing with you!
CMI’s stated goal is to advance the practice of content marketing, and one of the ways they do this is by training their consulting clients.
Robert walks us through the process they use to turn a brand new lead into a paying client, including details of their funnel and what they do if a prospect doesn’t buy.
He also shares some strategies that can significantly inflate the reach of your content as he walks us through how and when to use press releases for posts, and how to cross post influencers’ content.
That’s not all. When you listen to this interview, you’ll hear Robert and I talk about:
- (2:45) Introductions
- (4:45) An overview of how they are attracting consulting clients
- (10:00) An overview of how they track where their leads come from
- (11:55) What happens if their consulting leads don’t buy
- (17:45) An overview of how to structure an agency funnel
- (20:30) The different types of registration forms and how to use them
- (22:45) An overview of the BrightIdeas funnel, and how it could be improved
- (29:45) How a secondary call to action mid-funnel can improve the buyer journey
- (31:45) Traffic or conversion, which is easier to increase?
- (35:15) How to attract other writers
- (38:45) How to engage a new contributing writer
- (40:45) How & why to do a press release for a new post
More About This Episode
The Bright Ideas podcast is the podcast for business owners and marketers who want to discover how to use online marketing and sales automation tactics to massively grow their business.
It’s designed to help marketing agencies and small business owners discover which online marketing strategies are working most effectively today – all from the mouths of expert entrepreneurs who are already making it big.
About Robert Rose
Robert is the author of the book Managing Content Marketing, which spent two weeks as a top ten marketing book on Amazon.com. As a recognized expert in content marketing strategy, digital media and the social Web, Robert innovates creative and technical strategies for a wide variety of clientele. He’s helped large companies such as 3M, ADP, AT&T, KPMG, Staples, PTC and Petco tell their story more effectively through the Web. He’s worked to help develop digital marketing efforts for entertainment and media brands such as Dwight Yoakam, Nickelodeon and NBC. And, he’s helped marketers at smaller organizations such as East Harlem Tutorial Program, Coburn Ventures and Hippo to amplify their story through Content Marketing and Social Web Strategies.
He is a featured writer for the online magazines iMedia Connection, Fierce Content Management and CMSWire and also a featured author in the book “Enterprise 2.0 How Technology, E-Commerce and Web 2.0 Are Transforming Business Virtually.
An early Internet pioneer, Robert has more than 15 years of experience, and a track record of helping brands and businesses develop successful Web and content marketing strategies.