Toby Jenkins is CEO and co-founder of Bluewire Media, a successful marketing agency located down under. Bluewire has a great digital marketing strategy, with a combination of proven standard methods and outside the box thinking.
I learned a lot during this interview, from their unique tools and templates to their co-branded content with David Meerman Scott.
Toby also shared their impressive landing page conversion stats (see them below, just under the Resources section).
And for you solopreneurs who want to build an agency, be sure to listen to the advice Toby has especially for you (it’s near the end of the interview). (For more agency Bright Ideas, check out our other posts that are especially relevant to marketing agencies.)
Listen now and you’ll hear Toby and I talk about:
- (3:40) Introduction
- (6:00) Reviews of results
- (6:40) Overview of his co-branded content with David Meerman Scott
- (10:40) Overview of templates and tools
- (17:40) How they are a driving traffic (reverse engineering search terms)
- (20:40) Overview of blogging strategy
- (23:40) Description of the Niche they focus on and how they use the funnel to identify them
- (26:10) How speaking at events fits into their client attraction strategy
- (30:40) Overview of how live events have fit into their marketing
- (32:40) How they engage with a client
- (35:40) How they overcome objections in the sales process
- (37:40) How they are using LinkedIn
- (40:40) Overview of a revelation in their landing pages
- (44:40) Overview of how they segment and nurture their prospects
- (48:10) Overview of how they manage service delivery
- (56:00) Best advice for solo-consultants that want to build an agency
- The New Rules of Marketing and PR by David Meerman Scott
- The Rockefeller Habits
- One Page Web Strategy Template
- Implementing Value Pricing by Ronald Baker
Bluewire’s Impressive Landing Page Conversions
- WEB STRATEGY PLANNING TEMPLATE LANDING PAGE
Landing Page Conversion: 32.01%
- WEB STRATEGY SECRETS E-BOOK
Landing Page Conversion: 60.44%
- WEB STRATEGY PLANNING TEMPLATE HOME PAGE
Landing Page Conversion: 4.8%
- SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDELINES
Landing Page Conversion: 52.75%
- SOCIAL MEDIA PLANNING TEMPLATE
Landing Page Conversion: 40.97%
More About This Episode
The Bright Ideas podcast is the podcast for business owners and marketers who want to discover how to use online marketing and sales automation tactics to massively grow their business.
It’s designed to help marketing agencies and small business owners discover which online marketing strategies are working most effectively today – all from the mouths of expert entrepreneurs who are already making it big.
About Toby Jenkins
He and business partner Adam Franklin collaborated with bestselling author David Meerman Scott to create the free Web Strategy Planning Template. They focus on clients who are dedicated to being #1 in their market niche.
The best place to get in touch is on twitter: @Toby_Jenkins. Please say hi!